Saturday, April 12, 2008

I finally gave in and bought myself a D300!

After I sold some old video equipment I had on ebay, I managed to scrounge up enough cash to purchase a new Nikon D300. I really loved my D70, but it was 3 years old which with technology is ancient. It will remain in my kit as a trusty back up and Jacqui has expressed interest in using it to expand her photography as well. I was never too happy with blowing prints up larger than 8 x 12 with the D70. The D300 should handle 20 x 30 prints with ease. Anyway, I didn't have much time to play with it today, but here are a few sample shots I took of Autumn, Jacqui, and Jake. Unfortunately, Bradley was taking a nap at the time. I'm still learning this camera, so I know it's capable of even better shots.

1 comment:

Angela said...

WHAT!?!?! I'm SO jealous!! That's awesome! Anyway, no worries about bugging me - I love all the info. Remind me again to give you my email at class, that way we can just email back and forth about that stuff. I will definitely take the printer. My sister and mom were all for it. I would love help with the software you mentioned about calibrating the screen. Remember I have a mac, if the software compatible?

The motion blur for me is going OK. I was really excited about it in the beginning, but then got a little frustrated when some things weren't working out as hoped. But I'm still working on it. I have a couple of the kids that will work, they just aren't amazing shots or anything. Oh well, another day to try to get something!

Gotta run - talk to you more on Thursday!